Sunday, February 26, 2012

Horses and Congressman

(Sunday, February 26, 2012)
Yesterday, I got to follow the wife out to a dressage show at Topsider Farm and got some really good pictures.  This is probably one of my favorites, if only because it's so close to the house.  Although with that being said, there are some really awesome eventing locations.

I have to admit, and don't tell my wife I said it, but there are a lot of cool things about going to watch (I'm never sure what to call what the wife doeshorse trials.
This is what went through my mind.

Sometimes it's only dressage that she does, still not sure it's not French for boring, and other times it's only jumping and then there are both; this can be either in an arena or out on a cross country course.  When she is really feeling frisky she and the other crazy riders (I say it with love) decide to do all three within 12 hour window.

And for those of you who don't know, there are quite a few English riders out there.  I never would have thought there would be, but there are eventing sites all over the place.  *They have meetings, and groups.  I think it's a conspiracy and they are going to try to take over the world* except that there really isn't a lot of money in it and it costs more than you think.  The horses are kind of like congressman, in that you are forced to give them money and what you get in return tends to be a lot of manure.

Seriously though, if you've never been to one of these events, horse trials,  I highly suggest you go. At least when the horses work, you see them sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment