Friday, October 5, 2012

NHL Lockout?

ESPN NHL Lock-out

Apparently the NHL is following suit after recent lockouts and has decided to have one of there own. . .
What?!?

And it kinda sad that people care even less about the NHL as they did about the NFL Refs; but there they are, negotiating dollars and bonuses.

I'm feeling cynical this evening and I have to admit that I don't care; although I do feel bad that the NHL has to follow up all of the other sports (that actually make money) when going to the negotiating table.

I don't feel bad for them.  NHL, Refs, NFL, any of them. They all make a lot of money getting to play a game, be part of a game that I would gladly trade and take half.

-----------------------
Somehow thinking about doing their jobs brought me back to contemplating mine (my future job, if I can get my sh!t together and graduate)

I honestly cannot wait to be in the classroom.  It is the one place that I feel confident that I am smarter than most of the people in the room.  And more than that, . . . I remember that age.
This is strictly a side note, but I remember a lot of things.   Seriously. Hardly ever useful things, but I can recall numerous moments of my life. The moments are like old black and white film though, the picture is grainy and the audio sucks!!!

*ADD* So yeah, the classroom, I'm ready.  I'm still scared about the one actually being in charge (of anything) and even more scared that I am not really getting the opportunity to be in the classroom this semester, but I still feel ready.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that I am not going to have all of the answers when I get into the classroom but I feel that I am prepared.  I have had some outstanding professors in class and some very unique experiences of my own.  

One thing at a time. . . but I know that there is a reason that I am supposed to be in a classroom.  I just hope it's a good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment